- Created on Friday, January 18 2013
The Kirby Drive Streetscape Improvements Project that transformed Kirby Drive between US 59 and Westheimer has been nominated for ULI's Development of Distinction award in the public/nonprofit category.
- Created on Friday, January 11 2013
Work was aggressive this week on Richmond considering the several days of rain that put a halt to most activity.
Despite the rain delay, crews were able to demo the median openings at Eastside, Virginia and Audley and begin prepping for pavement. These intersections will use a fast-dry mix that will take just three days to cure. Weather permitting, these openings are likely to be poured early next week and opened back up to complete access by the end of the week.
- Created on Friday, December 21 2012
Crews are busy today finishing up some final touches and securing any necessary traffic control before a brief holiday break.
No work will take place over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and New Years Eve and New Years Day, however, workers will be out accomplishing small tasks between the 26th and 30th of December. The primary focus during this time will be minor curb restoration, forming for new curb and back-filling behind newly installed curb sections. There will be no real traffic impact during this time.
- Created on Friday, January 04 2013
Crews were back to work this week and already pouring concrete on Richmond Avenue with the goal of reaching substantial completion in the next several weeks.
- Created on Friday, December 14 2012
Crews were able to make great strides this week on the Richmond Drainage Improvements Project. As a result, traffic has been restored to the correct respective side of the median (all eastbound traffic is back on the south side of the roadway and all westbound traffic is back on the north side of the roadway) and all median openings except for Lake St. are now open.
- Richmond Drainage Improvements: Work Continues Despite Sinkhole Found at Virginia (story continued)
- Richmond Drainage Improvements: Work Continues Despite Sinkhole Found at Virginia
- Richmond Drainage Improvements: Pavement Work on Richmond Postponed Until After Thanksgiving
- Richmond Drainage Improvements: Looking to Open all Richmond Lanes the Week of the 19th